Move It, Move It !
Aged Care | Community | Independent Living | Disability Services
Who Should Attend?
Care Staff | Nursing Staff | Allied Health | Staff Training Personnel
It is beneficial to have mixed participant groups which include trained clinicians and care staff.
A practical workshop with time allocated for participants to practice with equipment.
On-site training can be arranged for groups of 10 – 15 participants
An on-site contact is required to act as the site link person for
planning / follow up and distributing resources
What Learning Objectives will be covered?
- Identify and select from a range of positioning products for different needs
- Identify and select most appropriate sling – style | size
- Identify and select product options for bed mobility and assistance to reposition
- Identify and select products for repositioning on the bed / chair
transfer aids | product features – tilt and recline
- Demonstrate understanding of methods and techniques used to assist a user to reposition themselves
- Identify optimal postures for function and comfort throughout the day
Optimal posture leads to optimal function and comfort
Correct product selection & training is required for products designed to assist with transfers and positioning to ensure:
- user comfort
- safe use for care staff
- safe use for client
Manual handling principles are adhered to:
- content is complementary to mandatory training
Develop follow up plan with on-site contact
- Daily Checks to Reduce PI Risk
- Pressure Care Guide
- Product brochures for patient handling products
- Sling Matrix
Call or email us today for all your hospital equipment solutions.