Pressure Injury Prevention & Management
Aged Care | Community | Independent Living
Who Should Attend?
Care & Nursing Staff | Allied Health | Staff Training Personnel | Facility Procurement Officers
It is beneficial to have mixed participant groups which include trained clinicians and care staff. An on-site contact is required to act as the site link person for planning / follow up and distributing resources
What Learning Objectives will be covered?
- Identify and describe different categories / stages of Pressure Injuries
- Describe how body tissues are impacted by pressure and the relationship between force / area / pressure i.e. to understand and describe principles of pressure distribution and off loading
- Identify and describe how pressure injury risk is influenced by multiple factors e.g. mobility, cognitive impairment, poor nutritional status, sensory perceptual issues etc. – relate to locally used PI assessment tool
- Identify key body areas where PI is most commonly seen in this setting
- Report the usual process of their facility management once PI risk / PI has been identified
- Understand and demonstrate the correct use of pressure cushions including quick checks (selection tips for Allied Health prescribers)
- Have knowledge of PI prevention and management resources
Call or email us today for all your hospital equipment solutions.