Equagel General CushionSKU: EQUALGELCUSHION Request Quote
EquaGel cushions are designed with two layers of rubbery dry-polymer gel. It is not a liquid. It works on a principle referred to as column buckling. Each gel wall can only support a marginal load. When that threshold is exceeded, it buckles under and passes the weight to the surrounding walls, thereby effectively distributing the pressure by maximising the surface area.
Available in a range of sizes, the Equagel General has a 5cm height with 3.2cm of buckling gel under the pressure points. The top comfort layer comprises thin wall gel in a tight grid and the bottom layer is thicker wall gel with a wider grid for deep posture support. The contoured pelvic area provides additional pressure distribution while maintaining gel below the pressure points.
- Waterfall front edge: Accommodates tight hamstrings
- Trochanteric shelf: Provides hip stability
- Moulded visco-elastic foam insert: Provides ischial relief
- Pre-ischial contour on top layer: Provides pelvic stability
- Breathable moisture resistant cover: Wipe clean moisture resistant inner cover
- Non-slip base: With Velcro strips and lifting strap